Sunday, February 22, 2009

Professional developments

It's a cool and damp Sunday morning here in New York as I catch up on the week's political news (as if I don't follow it enough already) and frankly wake-up after a wonderful night out in the city and in Park Slope. This coming week promises to be busy, but I would like to take a few moments to share a few recent professional developments.

As many of you may know, I have been EDGE Publication's Mid-Atlantic editor since Oct. 2007, and the publisher has recently promoted me to national news editor. I will continue to manage news coverage for the New York, Philadelphia and the recently launched Washington portal, but I will also now assign national features and other stories from across the country. Please feel free to send me any pitches and additional information on things in which you think I may be interested.

In addition to my work with EDGE, I am also a contributing writer for the Guide in December. The Canadian publication focuses on travel, entertainment, politics and sexual freedom, and I look forward to continuing my work with them.

I continue to contribute to PressPassQ and to the Fire Island News. And I have also appeared on Brian Lehrer Live (CUNY 75), the British Broadcasting Corporation and WNYC in recent weeks to discuss marriage for same-sex couples, former President George W. Bush's legacy and other related stories.

The next few months promise to be extremely busy, but I look forward to receiving any additional story ideas, suggestions, feedback, etc.

1 comment:

Hrag said...

Congrats! That sounds like a great promotion. Keep doing what you're doing, since it's obviously working :)